So, like, what’s this stuff, anyway?
Published at Mon, 09 Oct 2017 12:29:25 +0000
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for over most people). So each week, I discuss some of my wine reviews (largely from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are intended to be fun, quirky, and easily-digestible reviews of wines that were currently available. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on the best way best to read them), together with links that will help you locate these wines, so that you can try them on your own. Cheers!
- 10 Klipfel Gewurztraminer Kirchberg de Barr Clos Zisser (Alsace): Spice, honey, salt, flowers, stone fruits, all of them swoon-worthy $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaines Schlumberger Les Princes Abbes Pinot Gris (Alsace): Think melons, only with feel that’s roughly 300X more intriguing. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Domaines Schlumberger Les Princes Abbes Pinot Blanc (Alsace): A great deal of tropical clarity for not a great deal of your hard-earned shells. $15 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 98 Emile Boeckel Chardonnay Extra Brut (Cremant d’Alsace): Gorgeously stunning; an artisinal bakery beside a high-end oyster bar. $NA A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Domaine Marcel Deiss Langenberg (Alsace): Where salt & sultana meet near the Vosges, you’ll find a killer worth in white elegance. $35 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Mt. Beautiful Pinot Noir (North Canterbury): Ans so watch a shining rising star well on its own ascendant path in the Southern sky. $23 B+ >>find this wine<<
- NV Philippe Gonet Blanc de Blancs Brut Signature (Champagne): The only things that go down any easier are likely air and water. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Troon Blue Vermentino Cuvee Rolle (Applegate Valley): Playing in authentic blue fashion into the vibrant, intriguing Vermentino tune. $22 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Rain Dance Vineyards Nicholas Vineyard Estate Chardonnay (Chehalem Mountains): Another zesty, generous example of OR Chard pride. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Grgich Hills Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Violets, & pretty much all the other colors of the stunning Napa Cab rainbow $72 A- >>find this wine<<